As-salamu Alaykum (peace be upon you), Dear Readers...
NEW for September 18, 2016:
This blog has MOVED to the Muslim Writers Club, a new website dedicated to all of your writing needs.
Here are some of the pages you will find on the new site:
Jobs and Internships for Muslim Writers – Check out the latest opportunities.
Freelance Markets for Muslim Writers – A list of magazines, newspapers, and websites that want to work with YOU, insha'Allah. Includes many paying markets.
Book Publishers of Interest to Muslim Writers – Have you written a book? Start your search for a publisher here.
Contests & Events for Muslim Writers - Competitions, courses, webinars, and more. Don't miss the fun!
Writing Activities for Muslim Children – Coming Soon!
Q&A Page - Get your questions about the art (and business) of writing answered.
Articles and Other Resources – Even more resources for Muslim writers.
Hope to see you at the new site, Insha'Allah!
Monday, April 28, 2008
The International League of Islamic Literature
The objectives of this organization are:
1. Enhancement and highlighting old and present features of Islamic literature,
2. Establishment of the rules of Islamic literary criticism,
3. Formulation of a complete theory of Islamic literature,
4. Development of Islamic methodologies for modern literary arts,
5. Re-writing the history of Islamic literature pertaining to Muslim people literatures,
6. Collection of distinguished Islamic literary works and translating them into the languages of Muslim people and other international languages,
7. Giving due care to children literature,
8. Criticizing and shedding light on the negative aspects of deviating literary schools,
9. Reinforcement of the international aspect of Islamic literature,
10. Fostering relations and cooperation among Muslim men of letters and combining their efforts in accordance with a wise and moderate methodology,
11. Contributing in the upbringing of Muslim generations and formulating the Muslim personality dignified with their straightforward religion and great heritage,
12. Facilitating means of publication for the members of the League,
13. Defending the literary rights of the League and its members.
From the website: "Faith is the essential link among all members of the League fostered by literary relationships. It is considered a special link that keeps Muslim men of letters tied to one another and presents unity of principles and objectives they are committed to."