As-salamu Alaykum (peace be upon you), and welcome to the blog. I hope it will be a great resource for Muslim writers. My intention is to post information about markets for publishing your work, trends in Muslim publishing and other items of interest to Muslim writers. Feel free to leave comments and suggestions on how to make this blog useful.
Monday, April 28, 2008
The International League of Islamic Literature
The objectives of this organization are:
1. Enhancement and highlighting old and present features of Islamic literature,
2. Establishment of the rules of Islamic literary criticism,
3. Formulation of a complete theory of Islamic literature,
4. Development of Islamic methodologies for modern literary arts,
5. Re-writing the history of Islamic literature pertaining to Muslim people literatures,
6. Collection of distinguished Islamic literary works and translating them into the languages of Muslim people and other international languages,
7. Giving due care to children literature,
8. Criticizing and shedding light on the negative aspects of deviating literary schools,
9. Reinforcement of the international aspect of Islamic literature,
10. Fostering relations and cooperation among Muslim men of letters and combining their efforts in accordance with a wise and moderate methodology,
11. Contributing in the upbringing of Muslim generations and formulating the Muslim personality dignified with their straightforward religion and great heritage,
12. Facilitating means of publication for the members of the League,
13. Defending the literary rights of the League and its members.
From the website: "Faith is the essential link among all members of the League fostered by literary relationships. It is considered a special link that keeps Muslim men of letters tied to one another and presents unity of principles and objectives they are committed to."